Thursday, September 30, 2010

Not a lot!

Not a lot has been going on around here in the Hakes' place.  Lydia is finally back to school after running a fever all weekend and going to the doctor on Monday.  She had tonsillitis and once we got her on amoxicillian her fever went away and she is feeling better.  Thankfully no one else in the house has gotten sick yet.  Let's hope it stays that way.
My mom and sister and her 3 kids came down to visit us last week.  It was crazy and tight, but we had a lot of fun with them.  It is always nice to be able to spend time with family, especially when we do not get to see them all that often.  Darcy's kids, Langdon, Mackenzie, and Bailey were so fun to hang out with. My girls loved it.  Lydia told me that she does not have 2 sisters like Langdon does, and we need to get another one.  She then asked me if we could buy a sister so she can have 2 like he does. :)  4 year olds say the cutest things.
Speaking of saying cute things, Yesterday, I was talking to Lydia about something she had done and after that I was going to spank her.  I told her that by saying the mean and disrespectful thing that she said to me, she had sinned.  Well, she promptly asked me if she was going to die.  I could not help but laugh.  She said it so matter of factly that it was just too cute.  You see, she is learning about Adam and Eve in preschool and in our devotions here at home and she has learned that the punishment for their sin, is death.  Wow, she connects things like no other.  I had to tell her that no, she was not going to die because of this one sin, but because she is a sinner.  I then told her that the punishment for her sin is going to be a spanking.  I tried so hard not to laugh, but wow, it just caught me off guard.
I will try and do a post tomorrow with some pictures.  Just wanted to write a little something today.
Oh!
I have homemade apple crisp in the oven as I type, and homemade sweet tea in the fridge.  Fall is definitely here, and I am loving it.  Hope the girls that are coming over tonight like it as much as I do. :)  If not, it will definitely be hard to lose this weight!
Hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Kids can be so funny when they are being naughty! And it is amazing what they can put together... We're starting to have to be really careful about what we say, especially infront of our second. She picks up everything in conversation, even when you dont realize shes listening. Im afraid that after baby is born shes going to ask how the baby got out. Ummm...

    ReplyDelete