
If any of you mommies watch PBS and have seen the cartoon Super Why, you will get a kick out of this. For those of you who have no clue what I am talking about, this is a cartoon where they read and teach reading. It is a really good kids cartoon. Anyways, in the cartoon they always jump into a book, like Cinderella, or Rumpelstiltskin or something like that to help them figure out how to solve a problem. They read through the story and find something in the story that is similar to the problem then are facing and then see how the story handles it. Well, in most stories, the main character is doing something wrong, or bad and the Super Readers ask them why they are acting that way, and the character replies, "Because my story says. . . .'The princess was not very nice'" So, the Super Readers then find a word to zap into the story and change it so the "princess is nice"
Well, the other day after lunch, I told Lydia that she needed to go potty and then get into bed for nap time. Here was her response, "but mom, my story says, 'Lydia does not go potty and does not take a nap.'" She was pointing to the ground like she was following along in the story. So, I told her that mommy's story says that if Lydia does not obey, she gets a spanking. "But mom" she says, it says in my story "Lydia does not go potty and take a nap"
So, do I make her stop watching this educational cartoon? I thought it was very clever on her part to put together that in the cartoon if the story says something, that is how it goes, and to be smart enough to try it for herself.
Hope you all got a little laugh today because of my "clever" daughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment