Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentine's Day

So, my husband planned an awesome Valentines date. He has been working on it for a while and it was great. The biggest thing is that he got a babysitter and he made all the arrangements with her and that was wonderful. It was a girl from church who Lydia is in the nursery with every Sunday night so it was someone she knows and likes which is important.
So, we drove about 45 minutes to Pensacola and went out to eat at this place called EAT. (yes, that is the name of the restaurant) It was a really classy place. I must admit, that pretty much everything on the menu, I could not pronounce, or did not know what it was. It was good though. It is always fun to try somewhere new. If your interested, Google EAT in Pensacola and you can go and look at their menu and you will see what I mean. :) Joel got phyllo wrapped grouper, which was wonderful and I played it safe and got a filet. That was also wonderful. Well, dinner was not all we did. Joel had bought us tickets to hear this renouned concert pianist. His name is Thomas Pandolfi. The really cool thing about this, is that it was at a music store that sells Steinway pianos and it was only open to 65 people. It was right there in the store and before the concert, they had wine and cheese and crackers and stuff, and then afterwards, they had champagne and desserts. It was such an intimate concert and so wonderful. It was an hour and a half of excellent piano music. It was so cool. We had such a good time. It was nice to go on an actual date.
Just wanted to let you all know how great of a husband I have.

4 comments:

  1. Way to go Joel! That sounds like a wonderful date. I'll have to google that restaurant, it sounds cool. I always enjoy non-chain restaurants. They have more interesting food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Joel,

    Sounds like you've set the standard very high for the rest of us. I believe I will start planning now for 09.

    Good to hear you guys and Lydia are doing well.

    David

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like so much fun. Love it when the hubbies pull out all the stops!

    ReplyDelete