Thursday, January 24, 2008

January 2008






I guess I am giving into peer pressure and following the example of many of my friends and family. I created this blog a while ago, but I never did anything with it. 2008 is going to prove to be a very crazy and wild year, and I thought that a blog would be the best way to keep you all informed on what's going on in our lives.

First of all, for those of you who do not know, Joel got accepted to be an Air Force Pilot. This has been a long time dream of his and we are very excited about it. Along with his acceptance comes 3 months of training, called OTS(Officer Training School). That will be in Montgomery, Alabama. We are hoping to to find out his class date around the beginning of February. Lydia and I will not be able to go with him to that, so that will be a long 3 months without seeing each other. That is all right. We are strong and we will survive. :) After his 3 months of OTS, we will be stationed at 1 of 6 bases somewhere here in the US for his Flight school. That will last from 1-1 1/2 years. So, that means that we could possibly have 2 new addresses by the end of 2008. (see what I mean about crazy)! After that we are hoping to be able to go overseas. We have been wanting to do that for a while.

At the beginning of this year, I accepted the Nursery Director position at our church, Rocky Bayou Baptist Church. I am in charge of making nursery schedules and making sure we have nursery workers for special events and Ladies Bible Studies and anything else that may come up. That may not sound like much, but we schedule 15-20 people every week for just birth through age 3. It can get kind of crazy. There is other stuff that I do, but that is the main part of it. It is nice to be "working" outside the home. Actually, I put in about 15 hours a week and half or more of that is from home. :) The extra $ is nice for clothes and stuff for Lydia and I.

Lydia turned 18 months on Tuesday. I can not believe how quickly a year and a half has gone by. She had her appoinment yesterday and she is 22 pounds and 33 inches long. She is healthy and such a joy to us. She loves to laugh and loves making us laugh which she does constantly. It seems like she is saying a new word everyday. Her vocabulary in the last 3 months has just taken off. Joel likes to teach her the random words like "green light" and stuff like that. Her new word is "Jesus". It is amazing that she is already in a sense learning about Jesus, just by knowing how to say His name. We are excited to see how much she grows and changes in this next year. She is in for a ride and has no idea. It will be fun to see her experience new people and places.

Well, I am sure I have bored you enough. I just wanted to catch you up on what is going on in our lives. Hope you all have a great 2008 and I will try to post at least every month if not more. Thanks for taking the time to read this.






4 comments:

  1. Great Blog site! Please leave a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the blog. and, congrats on being accepted into flight school! i am so happy for your family. this is a great way to keep everyone updated.
    love,
    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congrats Joel on becoming a pilot! And that's really cool that you're now the nursery director at Rocky! I miss the church and all our friends from FL! What do you think about moving to AL?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys - welcome to the world of blogging. It can be fun, plus it makes updating friends and family a lot easier! I'm lazy! :)

    ReplyDelete