Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My little girl in Preschool

Well, Lydia started Preschool last Monday.  I can not believe that she is oldenough, grown-up enough to be in preschool.  Time has just flown by since she was born.  Granted, she is one of the youngest in her class since she just turned 4 at the end of July.  She absolutely loves it!  She loves her teacher Mrs. Campbell.  She loves her new backpack, which is purple with her name on it, and she loves bringing home a new book to read every night.  Actually, she has a favorite book and that is the Franklin Goes to School book. Every morning that she has to take it back she tells me that she wants to keep it because it is her favorite.  I tell her that she needs to take it back so the other kids can have a turn reading it.  She complies, but about every other day, I find that one in her backpack again.  I guess her classroom has their own "library" and each day the kids get to pick a book to bring home to read and then return the next day.  Well, I can just picture Lydia standing there as all the other kids pick their books, just hoping and praying that no one picks the Franklin book. :)  So, I about have Franklin Goes to School memorized, from reading it every other night to her.
I think about the only thing she does not like about Preschool is having to come home.  Most the other kids stay for all day Preschool, but Lydia is only going half days.  I was not quite ready for her to be gone all day.  So, I pick her up at 11, and I guess right before I pick her up, the other kids head off to lunch.  Well, the first day I picked her up she ran out smiling, gave me a hug and then when we got to the van, she started to cry.  I asked her what was wrong, because I had no clue, she was just smiling a second ago.  She proceeded to tell me that (insert whiny/crying voice here) "Mrs. Campbell told me I couldn't eat lunch" (sob, sob).  I told her that she could eat lunch and we were going to go home and eat.  (sob, sob) "But I want to eat lunch at school with the other kids."  I had to think quick, so I told her that the other kids, the ones who stayed, did not get to see their mommies for a long time, and so they had to stay at school.  I told her that she would miss me too much and she did not want to go a long time without seeing Tessa or I.  She finally calmed down and I thought that was the end of it.  Well, a week later, 7 school days later, she still runs out the door with a smile and then when she gets to me she starts crying telling me that she wants to stay at school and eat lunch.  So, not sure how to respond day after day to that.  I am hoping, that one day soon, preferably tomorrow, it will just sink in and we will not have to have the break down every time I pick her up.
So, she loves Preschool, have I mentioned that? :)  The other day she came home with a little envelope type thing, with the label on the front that said "Lydia's Scissor Snippings"  so cute.  I asked her if she cut with scissors today, and she told me "Yes, it was a lot of hard work".  Where does she come up with these sayings?  I guess it probably was hard work for her because she has never  used scissors before.  I know, I know, I am a bad mom for never teaching my daughter how to use scissors, but hey, I figured she would learn when she needed to right?
I love having her in a Christian Preschool.  She came home the other day and told me that God's words have power!  When He speaks, it's power.  How cool is that?  They are learning about Creation in their class.  I love that both at school and at home she is learning about God and his love and his son and all the most important things of life.  I am glad she is not being taught things at school that contradict what she is learning at home.  Thank you Lord for allowing us to send Lydia to a Christian Preschool.
I will post pictures later.  The pictures are on the other computer and Tessa is napping in the office.

Happy Wednesday to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment