Thursday, September 2, 2010

Cubbies

We are AWANA Cubbies,
We're happy all day long.
We know that Jesus loves us,
that's why we sing this song.
We hop because we're happy
and we jump and shout for joy,
for Jesus is a friend to us,
He loves each girl and boy!


That's right, it is AWANA time again.  I love AWANA.  I went through AWANA and I then helped in AWANA.  Lydia loves Cubbies.  I wish they had Puggles here in Enid for Tessa to go to, but oh well.  It is so cute to see Lydia in her Cubbies vest, reciting her verses that she has learned for the week.  What could be more awesome than a program for kids that helps them memorize scripture?
It was a little bit of an adjustment for Lydia.  She has only ever gone to AWANA with her best friend, Corban Dean.  When it came time for AWANA last week, she was pretty devastated that she would not be going to her old Cubbies class, with Corban and her favorite teachers, Mr. Billy and Mrs. Holly.  It took some convincing on my part that she would still have fun and make new friends.  I think she enjoyed it last week, but was still in that disappointment stage.  I hope she has a little more fun this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment