Right away I thought to myself, "Self, I think I would love to make one of those." So, I went to Hobby Lobby today and bought the materials and got to work.
I did not follow the directions exactly. I did not lay all my candy corn out first. Actually, at first I did, but found that it works so much better if you just start with the outside row and glue them down all the way around and then move in a row and just keep doing it that way.
After getting all that glorious candy corn, hot glued on the wreath, I decided to make this Candy Corn wreath look a little more sophisticated (if a candy corn wreath CAN be considered sophisticated). So, I added a double bow at the bottom with a brown, wide, satin ribbon. It is the same ribbon that I used for the hanger part. I think mine looks much better than the one on the front of the magazine. What do you think? The best part about this craft, is that from start to finish, was all done while my two girls were napping. Those are the kind of crafts I like to do. I do like to do more complex things, that take longer to make, but right now, at this stage in my life, the quicker and easier the better.
Happy Fall everyone! Hope you enjoy lots of candy corn this season! I know I will be, just looking at this almost, almost satisfies my craving. It helps that I have some leftover candy corn. ;)




Very cool, your bow idea does make yours look better than theirs. I would have to put some kind of sealant on it to prevent myself from wanting to take samples... I would also have to put it up high so my kids didnt take pieces off and sample it too! I heart candy corn.
ReplyDelete