Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Three Year Old

Well, we now have a 3 year old in the house. It has been so much fun this year to see Lydia get excited about her birthday and actually understand-sort of- that this is her day. We are having her birthday party on Saturday, and it is just going to be a few friends and us. Nothing big or fancy. We are getting her a cake for the first time. She has been super excited about "her cake". At first she wanted a Cars cake or Thomas the Train, and me, being the good mother that I am tried to persuade her toward a more "girlie" cake, or at least a neutral cake, like Elmo or Mickey Mouse. She wanted Elmo for a long time, and then she switched to wanting a Little Mermaid cake. So, after we looked and found one that we were ok with, she promptly told me that she wanted a Dora cake. So, I decided enough is enough and I ordered her a Dora cake. I know she will love it, but it was fun to see her trying to figure out what kind of cake she wanted. I am just hoping that she enjoys this cake a whole lot better than she did her cake when she turned 1. Here is a picture of that.



As to her present, I really wanted to spend $200 and get her this awesome play kitchen, but then I figured, it is a toy, and I started to look on Craigslist to see if I could find it cheaper. Well, I found the step or 2 down from the one I was looking at, and I found it for $50. It is in great condition, and it costs a whole lot less than the other one. So, we bought that and it has been sitting in our laundry room for the past month. I was so excited to be able to put it in her playroom yesterday while she was napping. When she got up, daddy was home and so we walked her into her playroom. She loved it and had been cooking up a storm ever since. She keeps saying "Wanna come see my new kitchen, mommy/daddy?" Of course we will always want to see her "new" kitchen. It is so great when you can see your kids really, I mean really enjoy something that you have got for them. She is so precious and it is hard to believe that 3 years have gone by since we brought her home from the hospital. She is so smart and grown up now. It will be crazy to see what she is like 3 years from now when she is 6. I will keep you posted. Here are some pictures of her kitchen. I will post more after her party on Saturday.





No comments:

Post a Comment