Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Long time coming

Hey everyone, I know it has been forever since I have posted a blog. Sorry. Life with 2 little girls is a lot more busy than I would have guessed. With Joel being gone for the past 6 weeks, it was just too crazy to make time to blog.
So, I will try to catch you up in not too long of a blog and then keep on top of it.

Tessa will turn 4 months on the 25th of this month. Let me tell you, these 4 months have flown by. She is a great baby. She is always smiling and cooing. She only wakes up once a night which she has done since the week she came home from the hospital. I a hoping next week to let her cry for a little while when she wakes up in the middle of the night to see if she will go back to sleep, but I have had company and stuff and just have not been able to do that yet. We go for her 4 month appointment the 4th of March. I am anxious to see how she has been growing. Not so excited about the shots, but oh well. Tessa and Lydia share a room since we moved here to Whiting Field. It works out well for the most part. I keep the pack-n-play set up for those occasions where one is keeping the other awake.

Lydia is now officially a big girl. I got her potty trained about a month ago, and she is doing great. We had a rough week a couple of weeks back, but she goes all the time by herself. I have not had to ask her or prompt her since about 3 days after we started the training. I am not sure if you all remember last time I blogged about potty training, back in June or July I think it was, well, I now know the real signs of readiness and it was so easy. Last night was her first night in underwear, and she woke up dry this morning. Yeah! She had been staying dry at night for a week with pull-ups on so I thought I would try in the underwear, and so now, we are officially out of diapers, 100% with her. She loves her little sister Tessa, and I am trying to teach her about "personal space". She thinks that Tessa likes having her up in her face all of the time. It is sweet, but something that I have to watch. She is so "Motherly" She carries her babies around and all of the sudden, she will say "baby's crying" and she will leave the room and go get her baby doll and carry her in on her shoulder, like I do with Tessa. The most recent hing, is her putting a blanket on her shoulder, and burping her baby. She is going to make a great mother. Sometime, I find her baby in Tessa's crib, laying on her tummy with a blanket over her.(my girls are tummy sleepers from day 1) She will close the door and say "Goodnight sweetheart" just like Joel and I do. It is too funny.

In other exciting news, my baby sister Traci got engaged this past Saturday. Her and Darren will be getting married on May 9th, 2009. Just 3 months away. It is really exciting, especially since Joel and I set them up. He lives here in FL and so I will get to live close to her for about a month before they leave. He got orders to Hill AFB in Utah, so they will be moving there in July. She is down here visiting, so it has been fun to talk wedding plans with her.

Joel is doing good. He is finishing up ASBC(more schooling) up at Maxwell AFB. And then he will have a month or so of easy, casual status before he starts his flight school. He is so ready to start and actually get into an airplane.

Other than that, we are just staying busy and watching time fly by. The girls are growing up so fast and it is amazing. We are enjoying our new house and town where we live, even though we will probably only be here till next March.

Hope you are all satisfied with the report, and I am going to try and post pictures if Tessa stays asleep, if not, it will be later today.

Hope you all have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment