Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Long time coming

Ok, I know it has been like 3 months since I updated my blog, but I just have not felt like doing it. First of all, I somehow erased all the pictures that were on my blog! I think I know how it happened, but it will take too much work to put them all back up, so I will just make sure I don't do it again. :) Second, Joel has been at OTS and he will be done on the 4th of Nov. Our baby girl is due the 30th of Oct. and if she is anything like Lydia and decides to come early, that could be as early as the 18th. That is how early Lydia came. Not that she will do that, but who knows, and I know once she comes, I will not have a lot of time to blog, but I promise I will try my best.
So, I have been being a single mom and in my 3rd trimester of pregnancy. Not fun! Lydia has been pretty clingy and wanting to be held all the time. That is also not fun when you are as pregnant as I am. Oh well, it is almost over.
Lydia is growing so fast and is proving to me just how smart she is. We got her this little V Tech kids laptop thing that teaches letters and numbers,and she can now recognize most all the uppercase letters. It has a game that shows an uppercase letter on the screen and tells her to find the letter on the keyboard, and she can do all of them. When she first started, she would mix up "W" and "M" and also "N" and "Z" but I can see why she would mix them up. They are the same shape really. She gets them now, and she has moved onto the numbers game and is starting to recognize those as well. The lowercase letters will take a little longer because they are written small in the corner of the uppercase key, so she may have a harder time finding those.
We decided to hold off on trying the potty training again until after we get moved at the end of Nov. I just figure with the new baby sister and Daddy coming home after 3 months and us moving to a new place it would just be wise to wait instead of having her backtrack. She does ask to sit on her potty, and I will put her on it, but she has yet to do anything on it. At least she likes sitting on it. That is a good thing.
My parents are going to be coming down on the 27th of Oct. to visit the new baby that is hopefully here, and to keep me company and then Joel's parents are flying down on the 1st of Nov. and we will hopefully all be able to go up to Joel's graduation on the 4th. It is going to be a crazy next couple of months for us, so I figured I would update now and hopefully that will satistfy most of you till I actually find time to do it again! :)
As for the pregnancy, I am doing great. Just really tired and uncomfortable. I find that being on the floor with Lydia is hard, and getting up even harder, but that is where I find myself most days. :) The baby is healthy and growing and I am staying healthy, so now we are just waiting for a smooth delivery. The baby's stuff is all ready for her, and I even have a new diaper bag with the baby's name embroidered on it, thanks to my friend Lauren. We are so excited and anxious! I just want to meet my new baby girl, and I think Lydia feels the same way.
Well, enough for now. Maybe I will blog once or twice more before she arrives. Hope you all havea great week.
Enjoy the pictures. These are just some that I have taken since Joel has been gone. I may do a blog of just pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, she is smart! That's awesome that you are teaching her so young in a fun way. We hope to do that with Caden too. They are just such sponges during these first years!

    ReplyDelete